Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 21, 2012

Hello.

 
I love to cook and create vegan, gluten free recipes with fresh, organic ingredients and I strive to be a voice for animals.  That’s why I created Determined Darling; you can read all about that here.   
I’m a tomboy at heart, runner, and momma to our retired racing greyhound Bow, learn more about her here. I love dancing in my kitchen, being outside, a warm bowl of soup, the smell of fall, sunshine, salt water in my hair, coffee mugs, anything vintage, and my family.  As long as I can remember I’ve been a water girl it’s where I feel most at peace.  Lucky for me Mr. Darling and I live by a lake.   We are slowly DIYing our 1970s split level into our little lake cottage. 
I believe in homesteading- all kinds of homesteading big, small, rural, urban, suburban! I believe in growing your own food whether it’s in a pot or on an acre.  I believe digging in the dirt is good for your soul.  I believe in community supported agriculture. I believe in slow food and a plant-based diet. I believe in cooking, baking, and preserving from scratch. I believe healthy food is the main ingredient to a healthy mind, body, and soul.  I believe in rain barrels and greywater systems. I believe in no mow lawns and butterfly gardens. I believe you can have a beautiful and earth friendly home. I believe in thrifting and DIYing. I believe the best home décor comes from repurposing and upcycling. I believe in healthy, fit bodies. I believe that running is religion. I believe all creatures from the ant to the zebra are beautiful, deserve respect, and protection. I believe in rescuing animals and stopping factory farming. I {strive to} believe life in its imperfection is perfect. Finally, I believe anyone can live a beautiful, delicious, eco-friendly life.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment